Marilyn R

Turning Disaster Into Delicious

Rate this topic

I tried crock pot chicken & dumplings today. The dumplings didn't brown after an hour on high.

I ended up covering a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scooping the dumplings out of the crockpot. They had bits of chicken and peas stuck them. I baked them at 400" for a few minutes, flipped them, and broiled them a couple of minutes more. They were flat out the best bisquit I've ever had. DP went ape over them.

So sometimes things turn out. And sometimes you can make something that doesn't turn out into something you really love. I wss really surprised tonight.

Have you had anything similar happen, a "surprise" yum?

That title hooked me in right there! So I think I want the new improved screwed up recipe.

I think you should say they are poached (?) first then crisped in the broiler? Does that sound nicer?

Sometimes you make a recipe and you wonder " on what planet it only cooked for 10 minutes or didn't need more liquid!"

The bisquick recipe for those turns out great!!

That title hooked me in right there! So I think I want the new improved screwed up recipe.

I think you should say they are poached (?) first then crisped in the broiler? Does that sound nicer?

Sometimes you make a recipe and you wonder " on what planet it only cooked for 10 minutes or didn't need more liquid!"

LOl Karen, thanks for the laugh. DP said "Those are the best chicken bisquits I've ever had". I didn't ask the obvious question. I just gloated and dug in.

The bisquick recipe for those turns out great!!

I used Bisquick, but made with butter vs. shortening. I don't know if that made a difference or not. Thanks for posting. :)