lolololo

Got My Upper Endoscopy Results Back...

Rate this topic

" Gastric mucosal abnormality characterized by erythema.

Esophageal mucosal abnormality characterized by elevation, abnormal fold."

The GI doctor told me they found some redness and looked like an infection in my stomach. The pictures he gave me show that it looks red almost like a rash of sorts. A week later, he called me with the results and said that I have "nonulcer dyspepsia". That was causing my redness? That? I'm not one to really doubt doctors, but this guy seemed to talk down to me constantly and not take any of my questions seriously. They said that the redness could be from H Pylori infection, which I assume that it tested negative for in the biopsy, which can cause a false negative for that (I show all symptoms for it), and the test sheets said that they used a cold forcep to biopsy the redness to test for Celiac, which I also assume came back negative. They ended up giving me a PPI and sent me on my way. They want to do a capsule endoscopy, but I'm not sure I want to have it done. I've been ill for about 3 months now with horrible stomach pains, foul smelling gas, bloating, burping, yawning, upper back pain between shoulder blades, some minor chest pain, extreme fatigue, among other things.

I don't know what to do anymore.....could this still be Celiac or should I possibly demand an H Pylori test?

I'd sure demand an H Pylori test with those results. I'd also go forward with the capsule endoscopy. It sounds like they biopsied your stomach, not your small intestine. That won't detect celiac. The capsule endoscopy will get further into your small intestine and give a better chance of finding celiac damage.

I'd sure demand an H Pylori test with those results. I'd also go forward with the capsule endoscopy. It sounds like they biopsied your stomach, not your small intestine. That won't detect celiac. The capsule endoscopy will get further into your small intestine and give a better chance of finding celiac damage.

Today I got blood work done for Celiac. The capsule thing is being done in like two weeks, and I asked for an H Pylori test, and they said they'd get back to me lol.

Hopefully I test positive for Celiac and that is all that is troubling me and not anything too serious..

Hopefully I test positive for Celiac and that is all that is troubling me and not anything too serious..

Even if you don't test positive, give the diet a try. Non-celiac gluten intolerance doesn't show up on tests but it can still make you miserable. Good luck!

yes it says gastric, and that usually means stomach, so it looks like they biopsied the stomach.

The pill cam is known to show celiac clearly, flattened villi, atrophic villi, everything.