KSMom

Blood Test Confirmed-Now What?

Rate this topic

I just got back my 12 year old's blood work...her Ttg was 48 (over 4 is +) and her anti-gladin (?) was slightly + (do not have the number). My 14 year old daughter has T1 and is a twin, so the whole family participated in a Barbara Davis twin study that screens everyone in the family for T1, celiac, Addison's and does genetic testing on the HLA DR. She was slightly + for celiac on that screening and was referred to her pediatrician for blood retest and further follow-up.

They phoned me the results this morning and we have an appt with doc in 2 hours, so I'm just wondering if there are any other tests (anemia, vitamin deficiencies, thyroid) that I should make sure she has? She has no "known" symptoms except spots on her teeth. I am assuming they will send her to a gastro doc for a biopsy, right? Will they do more blood work or should I make sure pediatrician does it if there is any to do?

Thanks..I'm sure I be on here a lot now...deep breath..

Karen

Yeah i would ask for a vitamin check because celiacs can have a problem with vitamin deficency. Most gi doctors will want a scope done to for biopsy.

Hey welcome to the forum. My daughter was 10 when we found out after blood test showed positive. She is 15 now and handles her diet very well. We had a scope done and thankfully she had minamal damage. You will need the scope done so you know what is going on. If it is possitive you will be glad you have a offical diagnoises to be able to get the paperwork that will help protect her in school. Just rambling, what I have learned it all been from this message forum. Just read all you can and ya will be a pro in no time.

[

get both twins tested for celiac even though blood tests are not high