MsJ

Waiting For Results

Rate this topic

I went to my GI Dr. to schedule a routine colonoscopy (family history) and based on our conversation about my bathroom habits, she decided to run a Celiac Panel. She also ran an Adult Food Allergy test and gave me a take-home Hydrogen Breath Test for Lactose intolerance. I had the blood drawn on the 12th and am still waiting to hear back.

My symptoms/issues are:

Hashimoto's

Rosacea

Soft BM's 6+ times a day

Fatigue

The fatigue is what I really want to ditch. I hate being tired all the time. I've always blamed it on my Hashimoto's, but my lab numbers are in the ok range.

I did a "milk intolerance test" this morning. Basically drank a glass of milk first thing on an empty stomach and it gave me the runs. I still have to perform the full breath test but it looks pretty clear that lactose and I are not on friendly terms.

Whatever my test results say, I'm going to give up gluten and see how it makes me feel. I haven't done so yet just in case I need to schedule for a biopsy and thanks to reading this board, I see I need to be on gluten for that to be an accurate test.

Thanks for reading - I just needed to get this out of my head and down on "paper".

I went to my GI Dr. to schedule a routine colonoscopy (family history) and based on our conversation about my bathroom habits, she decided to run a Celiac Panel. She also ran an Adult Food Allergy test and gave me a take-home Hydrogen Breath Test for Lactose intolerance. I had the blood drawn on the 12th and am still waiting to hear back.

My symptoms/issues are:

Hashimoto's

Rosacea

Soft BM's 6+ times a day

Fatigue

The fatigue is what I really want to ditch. I hate being tired all the time. I've always blamed it on my Hashimoto's, but my lab numbers are in the ok range.

I did a "milk intolerance test" this morning. Basically drank a glass of milk first thing on an empty stomach and it gave me the runs. I still have to perform the full breath test but it looks pretty clear that lactose and I are not on friendly terms.

Whatever my test results say, I'm going to give up gluten and see how it makes me feel. I haven't done so yet just in case I need to schedule for a biopsy and thanks to reading this board, I see I need to be on gluten for that to be an accurate test.

Thanks for reading - I just needed to get this out of my head and down on "paper".

With Hashimoto's you just might be sensitive to gluten; it often is associated with celiac. I have Hashi's, and also experience fatigue with normal thyroid numbers. I sleep 10 hours a night, and wake up more tired than when I go to bed!

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome! I know you are on "pins and needles" while awaiting your results! How nice that your doctor thought to test you, so many have to be pushed, prodded, and begged in order to get celiac testing!

Keep us updated!