Rate this topic

photo-14.jpg

I have no idea why this picture is coming through so big!! I tried several ways and times to make it smaller but I couldn't so I apologize, LOL!!

The good news is, she has an appt with the dermatologist on Tues. I'm afraid it won't result in anything yet again. We've been to the pediatrician, the allergist, the rheumotologist, the GI and no one seems to know anything. All her blood work is normal (except for low on Vit D). Even all of the JRA blood work was normal. The Arthritis was finally discovered through an MRI. She doesn't have the swelling, redness, or fever that I guess most JRA patients have?

If one more person tells me they don't know what's wrong with my daughter I am going to scream. It's not "normal" to have an intensely itchy, bumpy rash on your face along with ALL her other issues--the arthritis, the stomach, etc!

Thanks for the vent.

Megan, my daughter, has had bumps on her face (usually her cheeks) on her upper arms and thighs. My doctor had never been worried, but now I am drawing even more connections. Thanks for posting. Hope you get some answers soon!

photo-14.jpg

I have no idea why this picture is coming through so big!! I tried several ways and times to make it smaller but I couldn't so I apologize, LOL!!

The good news is, she has an appt with the dermatologist on Tues. I'm afraid it won't result in anything yet again. We've been to the pediatrician, the allergist, the rheumotologist, the GI and no one seems to know anything. All her blood work is normal (except for low on Vit D). Even all of the JRA blood work was normal. The Arthritis was finally discovered through an MRI. She doesn't have the swelling, redness, or fever that I guess most JRA patients have?

If one more person tells me they don't know what's wrong with my daughter I am going to scream. It's not "normal" to have an intensely itchy, bumpy rash on your face along with ALL her other issues--the arthritis, the stomach, etc!

Thanks for the vent.

Print this out http://m.arupconsult.com/Topic_DermHerpetiformis.html

If the derm does a biopsy ensure it is done properly.

Looks EXACTLY like my DH rash when I get glutened.