Newbee

Scd Seems To Be Working For Me

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with late stage celiac disease almost a year ago (probably had it my whole life and only got diagnosed at age 37 when I asked specifically for the test). I've been very vigilant about being gluten free but not all my symptoms went away. In fact not much changed really. Going back to the doc he gave me prescription digestive enzymes (that didn't work). He put me on a strong antibiotic to kill possible bacterial overgrowth. That seemed to work after it gave my horrible D for a couple of weeks. Suddenly I was having perfectly formed stools! He said the bacteria might grow back and apparently it did because the perfect stools didn't last too long. I decided to try the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet). I was very skeptical but it seems to be helping. I just wanted to share this as I first heard of SCD from this forum. Thought this info maybe helpful to someone else that is suffering from unresolved symptoms. You might want to give the diet a try.

I was diagnosed with late stage celiac disease almost a year ago (probably had it my whole life and only got diagnosed at age 37 when I asked specifically for the test). I've been very vigilant about being gluten free but not all my symptoms went away. In fact not much changed really. Going back to the doc he gave me prescription digestive enzymes (that didn't work). He put me on a strong antibiotic to kill possible bacterial overgrowth. That seemed to work after it gave my horrible D for a couple of weeks. Suddenly I was having perfectly formed stools! He said the bacteria might grow back and apparently it did because the perfect stools didn't last too long. I decided to try the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet). I was very skeptical but it seems to be helping. I just wanted to share this as I first heard of SCD from this forum. Thought this info maybe helpful to someone else that is suffering from unresolved symptoms. You might want to give the diet a try.

So glad things are resolving for you! Keep up the good work. There is a very LARGE thread here on the SCD diet that you might be interested in....check it out! :)