Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ostap_bender_2002

Gluten Free Diet After Transplantation -Why?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Hi Ostap,

A gluten free diet is quite easily digestible, and so by feeding this to a transplant patient (as well as cancer patients) it allows the body to focus more on healing the body and accepting the bone marrow transplant, by freeing up the excess effort the body would normally have to spend on digestion.

You can read more about this process in the book "Dangerous Grains" by James Braly and Ron Hoggan.

I hope this helps answer your question.

God bless,

Mariann :)

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Thank you very much. I will be getting the help from a natural doctor as I’m in the UK and Don’t find mainstream medicine very clued up about this kind of thing here. Thank you for your help XX
    Hi Kim! We can't tell just by what you posted. Every lab has different reference ranges so we would need those ranges. Can you please post those? Also, it doesn't matter if you have mild or severe intestinal symptoms as over 50% of diagnosed...
    Hello All, Just looking for information on vitamins. Had some testing come back this week that my bone density is low, as is my B12 and D. So, I clearly need to supplement, but have read that it's hard to trust vitamin brands that say...