- Hypoglycemia 1982
- Osteoarthritis 1992
- Rosacea 1994
- Elevated Liver Enzyemes 1994 (got almost normal after going gluten-free)
- Carpel Tunnel (better after retiring )
- Hypertension November 2007 (off meds January 2011 as a result of exercising & loosing weight)
- Hypothyroid December 2008
- Shingles many times
- Gluten Free since March 19, 2008
- Never heard of Celiac or Gluten until 35 year old son was diagnosed with Celiac & DH in October 2007
- Blood test in November 2007 was negative "IgG 6.84 (4.54-14.99); IgA 1.23 (0.32-3.40); IgM 3.83 (0.15-2.27); Endomysial Ab negative"
- Biopsy in March 2008 was negative according to doctor but biopsy report said "small intestinal mucosa with mild lymphocytic infiltration". Most likely because I had gone gluten free for a couple months and could not handle eating gluten for the 2 months they suggested before the biopsy, therefore the intestine had started to heal.
- Positive results with a gluten free diet; noticed results after only 2 days gluten-free; all symptoms now gone except for fatigue (fatigue gone in 2010 thanks to exercise and weight loss)
- Symptoms of Celiac or Gluten Intolerance since a child
- 2012 (4 years Gluten-Free) Lost 40 pounds and feel great. Am in the best shape of my life at 59.
- 2018 Almost 10 years gluten-free. Have managed to keep 30 pounds off and still active at 65.
nb-canada replied to nb-canada's topic in Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & MedicationsYes I saw the warning and also read some posts that in the past it did contain gluten but not supposed to now. It is 3 days since I quit using it and I feel fine now so not using it again. I went through a similar situation with a Calcium product where there was no gluten in the ingredients but...
nb-canada posted a topic in Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & MedicationsHi everyone, It has been awhile since I have been on here. You helped me out so much back when I was first diagnosed 11 years ago I am sure you can help me again. I am having a problem right now (Covid is not bad enough 😷) and thought I would ask your opinions. I have been having a gluten pr...
Hair Thinning / Eyebrow Loss and Excessive Sweating ...
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Since around the time I was diagnosed with Celiac (10 years ago) I noticed that my eyebrows were thinning (now completely gone). Over the last few years my hair is getting very thin on top and hairline receding ... getting to be very noticeable. Also seem to have an excessive sweating problem. I do have Hypothyroidism and recently had my meds increased.
Been doing some research online and found some info on alopecia which I had never heard about. They don't really seem to have much info on it yet ... it is called Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia. It sounds like what I have and the pictures looks like my problem. I did see a Dermatologist a few years ago and she didn't know what my problem was ... maybe alopecia. She didn't think it was from Thyroid because you lose only 1/3 of your eyebrows and mine were almost completely gone at that time. She also thought it could be from Celiac.
Of course, after reading about this form of Alopecia I started thinking that maybe it is a Celiac side affect. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you found a solution?
Someone just reminded me of something that used to happen to me before going gluten-free. It would be interesting to find out if other Celiacs have experienced this. My son who is also Celiac has also experienced it. I used to get episodes of what is called "Old Hag Syndrome". I am attaching...
❀ ❀ ⓈⓂ ⒾⓁⒺ ❀ ❀ The world always looks brighter from behind a smile. ㋡
Happy birthday and may God bless you today!
I had almost constant nausea for a few years before hearing about Celiac. Within a few days of going gluten-free the nausea disappeared. I had eliminated some hair products because they had wheat protein. After reading a lot of posts saying that gluten in these porducts could not possibly affect...