Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
2 2
nb-canada

Curel skin care

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,  

It has been awhile since I have been on here.  You helped me out so much back when I was first diagnosed 11 years ago I am sure you can help me again.  I am having a problem right now (Covid is not bad enough 😷) and thought I would ask your opinions.  I have been having a gluten problem for the last couple weeks and trying to figure it out.  I just realized today that I had started using a new skin lotion by Curel about the time that this started.  In the beginning of becoming gluten free I had a problem with shampoo so if shampoo can do it to you I am sure skin lotion can also.  Has anyone had a problem with Curel? The ingredients seem ok but I have seen a couple comments from 10 years or so ago that it had gluten but is not supposed to now.  Can you help?  Thanks in advance.  Stay Safe!

Susan

Happy to be Gluten-Free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not sure of the exact product you have, but on their site:

https://www.curel.com/en-us/products/dry-skin-care-therapy/

They list the following ingredients, and I don't believe any contain gluten, but there is a little warning at the end:

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, GLYCERIN, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PROPANEDIOL, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, COCAMIDE MEA, BEHENAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, CITRIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PANTHENOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE.
Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

6 minutes ago, Scott Adams said:

I'm not sure of the exact product you have, but on their site:

https://www.curel.com/en-us/products/dry-skin-care-therapy/

They list the following ingredients, and I don't believe any contain gluten, but there is a little warning at the end:

Yes I saw the warning and also read some posts that in the past it did contain gluten but not supposed to now.  It is 3 days since I quit using it and I feel fine now so not using it again.  I went through a similar situation with a Calcium product where there was no gluten in the ingredients but when the company checked it out there was gluten.  So hard to trust any thing you read.   Here is the product I tried - the unscented one.  https://www.curel.com/en-us/products/fragrance-free-lotion/

Happy to be Gluten-Free!