Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smpalesh

Starving All The Time!

I went gluten free in November and that wasn't too bad.  5 days ago I had to go dairy-free as well as I was getting sick from it.  Since then I am starving, I mean literally hungry every second to the point that my stomach hurts.  I can't sleep at night due to being so hungry.  I am making sure I get lots of protein and I eat very healthy.  I am trying to lose weight so I am on weight watchers and it was going fine until I cut out gluten and dairy.  What could be causing this extreme hunger?  I don't want to eat all the time or I'll gain weight. 

Fat helps make you feel full and keeps you full.  Have some good fat (about a tbsp) with 3 meals a day.  It should also help provide energy if your body can break it down.  I do this and my weight is stable.  My weight is good!  Good fat defined:  butter, coconut oil, or olive oil.

Then too, sometimes I have days like that for unknown reasons when I am insatiably hungry.  Hang on through them, because it does pass.  I did feel more hungry during withdrawl.

Diana