Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalokairi

Protopic Cream For Dh

For several years I've had eczema on my eyelids and under my eyes. Not until now I realize that this has to do with DH. Normal steroid creams did not help, but then I heard of the cream Protopic with tacrolimus, and asked my dermatologist to prescribe it for me. In just a few days it clears up my very dry, red and itchy skin around the eyes and now also around the mouth. It has really been a lifesaver when I have needed to look presentable at work or when going out. After I stop using it, the eczema comes back after a few days, but I hope that now when I'm gluten free and low iodeine I will eventually get rid of it completely.

I have only used protopic in the face, but are now trying it out on some of the DH lesions on my body to see if they will heal faster. If the eczema on my eyes is caused by DH then maybe protopic will help on the body too. Has anyone else tried protopic for DH?

The good thing with protopic is that it doesnt make the skin thinner like cortison creams, and even if its not a cure, if it can heal the lesions faster it would be a great relief. One warning though: it creates a burning sensation the first couple of times and it should not be used in the sun.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

For several years I've had eczema on my eyelids and under my eyes. Not until now I realize that this has to do with DH. Normal steroid creams did not help, but then I heard of the cream Protopic with tacrolimus, and asked my dermatologist to prescribe it for me. In just a few days it clears up my very dry, red and itchy skin around the eyes and now also around the mouth. It has really been a lifesaver when I have needed to look presentable at work or when going out. After I stop using it, the eczema comes back after a few days, but I hope that now when I'm gluten free and low iodeine I will eventually get rid of it completely.

I have only used protopic in the face, but are now trying it out on some of the DH lesions on my body to see if they will heal faster. If the eczema on my eyes is caused by DH then maybe protopic will help on the body too. Has anyone else tried protopic for DH?

The good thing with protopic is that it doesnt make the skin thinner like cortison creams, and even if its not a cure, if it can heal the lesions faster it would be a great relief. One warning though: it creates a burning sensation the first couple of times and it should not be used in the sun.

Is this protopic cream only available w/ prescription or can you buy it OTC ?

Is this protopic cream only available w/ prescription or can you buy it OTC ?

Yes, it's only on prescription. But it's a good alternative to steroid creams and for me it really works on the eczema and dry parts of the skin, though I'm not sure if it works for the blisters/lesions yet. 

Yes, it's only on prescription. But it's a good alternative to steroid creams and for me it really works on the eczema and dry parts of the skin, though I'm not sure if it works for the blisters/lesions yet. 

Have you ever used emu oil on your skin? Reason I ask is I bought a container of "blue goo" today.  It is for cracked heels and hand. The 2 advertised ingredients are emu oil & beeswax. I have never used emu oil before & thought my skin can't get worse using it so I bought some. I just applied some so have no idea how it will work. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...
    Why do you need to supplement?  I can understand Vitamin D, but by now you should be absorbing nutrients from your foods since it has been a year or so since you went gluten free.  (Is that correct?) You might very well need to supplement, ...