Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so although my blood tests have shown I am not deficient in magnesium, if I don't supplement with it I notice increased muscle spasms and most importantly, more bloating and the big C starts to creep back.  I had been supplementing with anywhere between 400 and on really bad days 1600mg of magnesium each day, but I ran out last week.  I use GNC's Super Magnesium which contains the more absorable forms.  http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Super-Magnesium-400-MG/product.jsp?productId=16655066

In my time without supplementing I've noticed increased bloating, and difficulty eliminating completely, plus it's harder for me to relax.  I started reading more up on magnesium, and it seems only about 1% of it circulates in your blood which means the blood test for it doesn't really mean much if you are having symptoms of magnesium deficiency.  Then I read that if you have fat malabsorption, which I do, magnesium gets binded to unabsorbed fat and gets excreted. This explains why I've been able to take such a high dose, but it doesn't give me the big D, but instead makes things pass normally. When I still didn't realize gluten was my problem, I considered myself the queen of laxatives, but magnesium always worked best for me, and now I know why.  Just another piece of my puzzle!

After work, I'm heading to GNC to pick up more.  Maybe once my fat malabsorption is corrected, this will no longer be a problem.  Until then, it's time to go shopping :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Thanks so much for sharing this!

I can finally stomach supplements and am going to start a regimen soon. I will be sure to include Magnesium since I have the big C and bloating too. I hope it works as well for me as it does for you.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...