lutonian

Gluten Withdrawal

Rate this topic

Has anyone suffered more than 2 months of gluten withdrawal?

I was diagnosed 2 months ago and still feel worse than ever, light headed, feeling dizzy, feeling weak and not being able to concentrate like I used to.

Although my stomach cramps and small intestine pain has gone I am wondering if I'd rather have them back compared to feeling so dizzy all the time.

I don't feel sick when I eat gluten it just caused pain in my small intestine. I had a liver scan, an mri scan all because I did not know I was a celiac and that

was over a 4yr period, started when I was 44!

I have been eating bread all my life most days which would not of helped although I recently read that I should not of gone cold turkey when coming off gluten

I should of weaned off gluten gradually, or so this top Celiac expert says. This is why I have had such a bad reaction in coming off gluten...but is this true?

I am wondering why I feel so bad after 2 months of being gluten free and why I feel so dizzy and light headed?

Maybe you aren't eating a balanced diet? And your blood sugar is all over the place? Sometimes when people drastically change what they eat, they aren't getting the same fat, protein, fiber, etc. sometimes they get more ..... Sometimes less.

I got diagnosed about a month ago due to severe nausea, unexplained weight loss and lack of appetite. I went gluten free for a week and felt great. After a week, I started to feel exhausted, short of breath, weak and dizzy. I have seen slow improvement and very small. I took three weeks off work and now returned part time but I'm extremely exhausted after work. I'm hoping it has to do with gluten withdrawal and I hope to passes soon.

I got diagnosed about a month ago due to severe nausea, unexplained weight loss and lack of appetite. I went gluten free for a week and felt great. After a week, I started to feel exhausted, short of breath, weak and dizzy. I have seen slow improvement and very small. I took three weeks off work and now returned part time but I'm extremely exhausted after work. I'm hoping it has to do with gluten withdrawal and I hope to passes soon.

I now think it might be something to do with a problem known as Gluten Antaxia which is the known as our immune system or anti bodies attacking our brain because of the withdrawal of gluten. If you read the link below it may be that we now have a new problem with a lack of blood flow going directly to the brain. 

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/gluten-brain_connection_.html

It seems that most celiacs after going gluten free only have 2-3 weeks at most of feeling naff and dizzy yet mine has been 8 weeks with no sign of easing, I'm a bit concerned because each day I feel worse than the day before. Constant dizziness and a light headed feeling with aching legs and ankles. I wish I had not gone cold turkey I should of weaned of gradually and maybe this would of been different.