This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Went To Doctor Today.

mjcoelnc

mjcoelnc Rookie

Got to doctor and found she wasn't there. I wound up with a nurse practioner. So I didn't get to far with things. Only thing accomplished to day was put on water pill, put back on depression med cause I have major depression and found out my thyroid dosage is correct. Already knew my blood pressure was going to be high. It was 180 over 88. Going through stressfu time cause husband has been without job since April and un-employment hasn't kicked in yet. Was told to try going gluten free and see how things are. Felt under my arm pit because I said I was having pain there. He said yeah you have tenderness. Nothing accomplished there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bartfull Rising Star

Call back and INSIST that you talk to the doctor! Tell her that the NP was useless. You already KNEW you had tenderness there. You need to find out WHY!

Either that or find a new doctor. I know that's easier said than done. But stick with it.

mjcoelnc Rookie

Unfortunately can't change doctors. Am seeing  clinic that takes people that don't have insurance or medicaid. It was going to be my first time seeing the doctor I was going to see today.

bartfull Rising Star

Ah, I understand. I'm in the same boat and the clinic I went to just lost their best doctor. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if I need a doctor now.

So what you need to do now is go back. If you get the same NP tell him you want to find out WHY you have tenderness, that you're worried about cancer, and you need to be tested. They may not have the equipment there at the clinic, but they should be able to send you to the hospital for testing. You may or may not be billed for it, but if you are, you can send them a SMALL payment every month as a show of good faith.

Archived