Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lookingforthecure

Healing From Gluten Related Disorders

HI all,

I have lichen planus which I have had on and off for many years, it is linked to gluten and I have only just over the last few months confirmed that I am sensitive to gluten through and elimination diet.

My question is, if gluten is related to my Lichen planus how long after abstaining from gluten does it take for related symptoms to dissipate or clear up?

Thanks in advance

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was diagnosed with celiac a year and a half ago,about 3 months later I was diagnosed with LP, I had it wide spread and was put on a immune suppressant drug to calm it all down. It took about a year. I still flair on occasion. Stress is defiantly a trigger for me. Being gluten free helps but it doesn't mean you still won't flair. I wish you all the best, LP as you know is not fun to have but then I think that there are worse things. At least I'm able to control it with topicals now.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks sweetpea,

It is a horrible condition which can really get you down but like you said there are worse things. There definitely seems to be a Gluten connection with this condition. Sometimes I can be LP clear on pretty much my whole body and only have it on my penis, it drives me crazy and really impacts my personal life.

If you can get in the ocean do so, it does wonders for the skin. Good luck

Join eNewsletter

The ocean you say, well I would welcome that right about now since I'm in wisconsin and they are predicting wind chills tonight and tomorrow of 25 below zero! I have LP vaginally also so I know what you are saying about impacting your personal life.I didn't realise you were male when I replied, I don't think this is common is men so was suprised. Please let me know if you find anything that is helpful keeping it calm. Good luck to you as well.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter