This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Earthly Choice Pasta

gilligan

gilligan Enthusiast

I bought a bag of Earthly Choice gluten free quinoa pasta blend at Costcos.  It's marked as gluten free, but without being certified.  There's nothing unusual listed in the ingredients - looks okay - just wandering if anyone else has tried it.  Their website doesn't help much.

• 4 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ehart34 Newbie

I bought these from my local Walmart and although the front of the package dose state gluten free and they go on this rant in the back "we really do search the globe for the best tasting healthy food for you and your family,  we traveled to Italy to find you the very best multi grain gluten free pasta,  if you or your family are gluten intolerant,  our pasta is a terrific option for your family " I   skipped a few lines but these are to me the most important and yes the ingredients don't list any wheat product.  However since reading every last word on a package label can be extremely daunting while grocery shopping especially if you have children and they go shopping with you,  my experience here after 3 hours at the grocery store and reading so many labels and kids are we done yet I wanna go I saw these noodles and yes I fairly quickly checked the label the gluten free badge in the front quickly scanned the ingredients and read there statement of champion noodles perfect for gluten intolerance.  I went home made some started eating there good I could fool people with these I started thinking did I grab the wrong pack so to take a better look at the package just in case there to good to be gluten free right so I read it all again then I noticed PROCESSED IN A FACILITY THAT USES WHEAT AND EGGS.    Wtf!   Seriously wtf!   With these gluten free perfect for gluten  intolerant people and there family's which implies there children as well then to read in a facility that processes wheat.  More then likely the reason it's not certified and basically is possibly subject to cross contamination on a unreliable basis,  basically it can't be trusted if your sensitive.   I am extremely highly disgusted with the lengths company's will go to try to promote a product to up sales even at the cost of someone's health,  to me the Labeling isn't so clear,  it shouldn't contain ranting and promoting of how it's good for a certain condition when it's actually introduced to contamination.  So idk take your chances if you like I'm ranting now just sick of wasting money, and misleading labels 

gilligan Enthusiast

There are a lot of people on this forum that eat foods made in shared facilities - but not on shared equipment - with no ill effects.  That's why I was wondering.  I'll email the company and ask about shared equipment.  They are very good!

Archived