Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Mr Wheat Free

Do cereals, starch and sugar make you worry?

Rate this topic

One of the things I have noticed over the past few years is that every time I eat cereals, starch or sugar I start thinking about some of the bad experiences I have had in the past.

The only explanation I can think of is that the hormones that we make when we have bad experiences such as Stress Hormone and Serotonin are the same hormones that we make when we consume sugar or starchy foods. Perhaps the brain interprets these hormone responses to sugar and starch as being the result of a stressful experience even though nothing stressful has happened?

Does anybody else find that certain types of food causes them to worry or have bad days?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My issues with starches, and sugars is that I no longer digest them very well. Bloat really easy and feel uncomfortable now days if I eat them. But yeah there is always that worry that what if you eating something contaminated, and stress can cause all sorts of chaos with ones body. Sticking to certain brands you trust and are certified gluten-free helps a lot with the stress.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter