Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Zachm

Is it drywall that contain gluten or the mud?

Rate this topic

Hello, I am about 5 months in this gluten free lifestyle due to a diagnosis (Doctor told me hes confident I still have "IBS" which I know I need to get the endoscopy and colonoscopy, but college student. ANYWAYS, couldn't complain much these past few weeks because I was feeling okay-ish, but this guy has been installing drywall in a house about three houses down and I have been walking over and talking to him(dust flying everywhere) every so often and guess what came back a couple hours ago? The horrible cramps and diarrhea. It doesn't feel as horrible anymore, Ive noticed? Like, the first times I got "those cramps" I really thought something horrible was going on other than that and Id need to go to the hospital, but the more it happens, the more I realize its temporary. Just waiting on the Imodium to kick in because my stomach area is noisy and having spasms!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I did a big repair on my ceiling after a leak, I got as far as cutting away the drywall, causing dust to fall all over me... by that afternoon I got hit with my glutening symptoms worse than ever... (to be fair, I was completely covered in dust and snacked before showerimg, which would be consumptio, but only after washing up...) I had no clue what caused the symptoms until 3 weeks later I happened upon someone mentioning that some drywall has gluten.... that is when I did some Googling and had other people also state this.... so I now use extreme caution when doing drywalling, but also believe that it depends on the brand of drywall, and mud... 

Edited by Nikk

Join eNewsletter