Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Madame Trixie

should I get the endoscopy?

Rate this topic

First off, thank you so much for this page., it has helped me immensely in the last year. I need the  communities help me understand my test results and wether or not I should get a biopsy done. My t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA was <2 or negative, BUT my Immunoglobin A, Qn Serum was 64 Low. I have read that is can cause a false positive. "In some cases, the TTG IgA test result can be “false negative” – that is, results come back negative, even though celiac disease is actually present. False negatives can occur for various reasons, but the best known cause is a condition called IgA deficiency that people are born with. This immunodeficiency occurs in about one in 600 healthy individuals but is much more common in those with celiac disease." I have been gluten free for the last year and feeling a lot better.
It seems the next step would be the endoscopy and biopsy. How important is it to get a firm diagnosis of Celiacs for my health, if i just continue to eat gluten free? Thank you, Nicole

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It does look weird. Let me re-post it.

First off, thank you so much for your web page it has helped me immensely in the last year. I need the community's help to help me understand my test results and whether or not I should get a biopsy done.

My t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA was <2 or negative, But my Immunoglobin A, Qn Serum was 64 Low. I have read that is can cause a false positive.

"In some cases, the TTG IgA test result can be “false negative” – that is, results come back negative, even though celiac disease is actually present. False negatives can occur for various reasons, but the best known cause is a condition called IgA deficiency that people are born with. This immunodeficiency occurs in about one in 600 healthy individuals but is much more common in those with celiac disease."

I have been gluten free for the last year and feeling a lot better. It seems the next step would be the endoscopy and biopsy. How important is it to get a firm diagnosis of Celiacs for my health, if i just continue to eat gluten free?

Join eNewsletter