Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Alys

New super sensitive?

Rate this topic

Hi!  Just hope this is the right place for me to be.  I have done all the testing and scopes.  Went gluten free, still raised counts, the gluten free house, when that didn't work my GI put me on Fasano diet and low fodmap.  Finally my counts are below the threshold, borderline but still below!  It is hard to believe that my 7ppm flour was a culprit.

my spouse even went fully gluten free at work and throws his clothes in the wash as soon as he comes in since not doing that has led to issues.  My cousin just was hospitalized for refractory sprue complications.  Luckily so far I can keep my counts down so it looks like RS isn't in my future.

So howdy!  Hope this is the right spot, can't wait to learn more.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum!

Lucky you to have a celiac-savvy GI!  Looks like your modified gluten-free diet helped you!  Did you read this study?  Bet your GI did!  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3598839/pdf/1471-230X-13-40.pdf

Many members have reported results like yours after going on this diet.  They were struggling to get their (or their kid's) antibody levels down even though they were gluten-free diet compliant.  Makes you think, huh?  

I personally have done better eliminating all grains.  I found this out after my diabetes diagnosis a year after my celiac disease diagnosis.  A Low Carb High Fat diet (or eat to my meter) really improved my health and blood sugar.  Grains, no matter what the type, impacted my blood sugar.   I also avoid most processed gluten-free foods and do not eat out (rarely).  Many of my food intolerances have resolved too.  Not all, (I keep testing) but I am happy with my progress.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter