Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

KateUK

Daughter with celiac disease has accidents

Rate this topic

Hi

my daughter was diagnosed a few months before her third birthday. She wasn't potty trained and we understood after her diagnosis why that was later than her peer group. She was fully potty trained at three and a half and has never wet the bed once, remains dry all night since the word go. However during the day she will often have full accidents. She can be dry for days, some days she has small wet patches and other days she has full accidents.  When I ask her what's happened she often tells me she couldn't feel she needed a wee and was then too late. I'm not making a big deal of it as sometimes kids get distracted but it does happen quite a lot. She's been diagnosed 15 months and has only been glutened once that we know of (because she was sick everywhere). I just wonder if the occasional incontinence was connected to coeliac or should I just chill and put it down to her being 4! 

Thanks x

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When I was a child, I was famous in my family for knowing within minutes where the bathroom was wherever we went. I also wet the bed off and on until about 8 because I couldn't wake up and didn't feel urgency in a timely manner. My best friend has many celiacs in her family, and several of the small children are the same, even gluten free. Seems to clear up with maturity.

Join eNewsletter