Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Does anyone else here symptoms seem to always worsen at night?? Mine seems to always bother me mostly at night ??‍♂️

When lying down it is easier for gas bubbles and food to move along your intestines. If your having gas, inflammation, etc. These would be more noticeable laying down, perhaps try taking pepto bismal before bed, not eating 2-4 hours before bed, and if you can try laying down for 10-20mins mid day.

12 hours ago, M_SMOOTH said:

Does anyone else here symptoms seem to always worsen at night?? Mine seems to always bother me mostly at night ??‍♂️

I've spent many a night not getting any or getting little sleep from symptoms and pain.  Gassiness can keep me awake even if it isn't painful.  Gas and bloating are often worse if we eat carbs and sugar, or dairy.  Avoiding those foods can help.  It may help to try some probiotics and digestive enzymes also.

2 minutes ago, GFinDC said:

I've spent many a night not getting any or getting little sleep from symptoms and pain.  Gassiness can keep me awake even if it isn't painful.  Gas and bloating are often worse if we eat carbs and sugar, or dairy.  Avoiding those foods can help.  It may help to try some probiotics and digestive enzymes also.

I second this on the enzymes and probiotics, also with gas I found Anise can help with gas. ANISE, not Star Anise two different things, I find it very effective and order from spicely Organics who have gluten-free certified spices.

https://www.drugs.com/npc/anise.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise