Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When lying down it is easier for gas bubbles and food to move along your intestines. If your having gas, inflammation, etc. These would be more noticeable laying down, perhaps try taking pepto bismal before bed, not eating 2-4 hours before bed, and if you can try laying down for 10-20mins mid day.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter

12 hours ago, M_SMOOTH said:

Does anyone else here symptoms seem to always worsen at night?? Mine seems to always bother me mostly at night ??‍♂️

I've spent many a night not getting any or getting little sleep from symptoms and pain.  Gassiness can keep me awake even if it isn't painful.  Gas and bloating are often worse if we eat carbs and sugar, or dairy.  Avoiding those foods can help.  It may help to try some probiotics and digestive enzymes also.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

2 minutes ago, GFinDC said:

I've spent many a night not getting any or getting little sleep from symptoms and pain.  Gassiness can keep me awake even if it isn't painful.  Gas and bloating are often worse if we eat carbs and sugar, or dairy.  Avoiding those foods can help.  It may help to try some probiotics and digestive enzymes also.

I second this on the enzymes and probiotics, also with gas I found Anise can help with gas. ANISE, not Star Anise two different things, I find it very effective and order from spicely Organics who have gluten-free certified spices.

https://www.drugs.com/npc/anise.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter