This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Food Alternative List 2018 Q3

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Updated list here new links, and composed in a more organized manner LOOK for * on links and you can order from them directly, at the bottom are some websites to purchase from
NOTE these are alternative foods, in many cases WHOLE foods of 1 ingredient are your best friend with the gluten free diet and cooking in your own home. I made this list to make the transition simpler for many, give treat options, and show safe brands for certain foods that many have used. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK LABELS AND INGREDIENTS they are subject to change, and some companies make BOTH a gluten free and a gluten version of a product MAKE SURE your getting the right one.

Full Meal Options/Entrees, broad spectrum companies
Open Original Shared Link
^Ians gluten-free options you will find sides, baked/fried snacks, onion rings, chicken strips, cheese sticks, fish sticks, pizza bread. etc from them that are good subs you can find where to buy them or even have your local grocer stock them on request. Best thing about Ians is you can go to their site and adjust the filter to find stuff free of other ingredients.

^ Whole lot of food staples from this company (none safe for me) but all gluten-free alternative you can have, udi is like the cheap bargain gluten-free brand alot of there stuff seems lacking but they have a little bit of everything. From microwave dinners, pizzas, burritos, instant pasta dishes, granola's, and cookies.

^ go to breakfast guys. Select Gluten free from dietary restrictions or other options you need, NOTE most products use oats.

^All Free of the 8 top allergens, they have premade cookies, chips, and baking ingredients.

^ Free of top 8 allergens, they have everything from flours, baking mixes, and entrees,

^Mixes, Crackers, and cookies, ALL GRAIN FREE

^Low carb bread, muffins, waffles, cookies, etc. All low carb and keto friendly great for diabetics

^All gluten-free Pizza pouches, Meal bits, pastry puffs,

^Mixes, Pasta, Cookies, Bars, crackers, even some grain free options

^Panko, Cookies, Almond Horns, Croutons, etc.

^Bread, pasta, mixes, cookies, muffins, pizza etc. Broad spectrum major company. High reliance on corn and starches, but very well respected.

Breads/Pizza
Note some of the above spectrum companies also offer their own

^Raved by  most people I talk to as some of the BEST gluten-free breads/bagels/buns available, several of my customers talk about using them with artisan nut butters all the time.

^Low Carb, Grain Free, Starch Free, Dairy Free, Great English Muffins they also make a pizza crust, muffin tops and cookies.

*^Grain Free Corn free low carb bread, The seed bread toast just like gluten breads, The almond and coconut each have their own niche. Bread is best used toasted, PS the coconut bread makes awesome french toast

^Many claim this is a great bread, they say the french bread is wonderful from them and the rolls. I find them to be starch bombs but if you want that bready starchy goodness this is your bet. Rolls, Cookies, Pizza, French breads etc. All grain free.

*^Grain Free Pizza crust to make your own with using eggs, coconut and arrowroot for a base crust blend. The Naked pizza crust is dairy free. Order frozen by the case and they ship them to you.

*^Grain Free Pizza They use Dairy Cheese blended with chicken breast to form personal pizza crust. You can order them frozen and shipped to you. NEW PRODUCTS they do Enchiladas NOW

*^ This is the only one I buy, grain free, low carb crust, and the plant based one is great, NOTE these make a New york style flat crust, I use 15 min prebake before adding toppings to make them extra crispy, bit like a flat bread, they can also be made into chips or folded into a giant pizza pocket.. (did this once for fun after cooking it just 5 mins then loaded it with cheese and veggies melted some more then fold and ate it lol)

*^Makes Gluten free pizza rolls, Gluten Free Hot Pockets, burger bites, puff pastry sheets, and pot pies AND THEY SHIP TO YOU

^Gluten free hot pockets? YES they make them for when you need the old instant hot pocket, odd craving but I know they hit sometimes.

CRUST MIXES Grain free

Baking Mixes
*^Grain Free low carb mixes have pancakes, bread, pizza

^Grain Free Mixes

^Grain Free Low Carb Mixes Sugar Free

^Major Staple provider of baking mixes and flours for the gluten free

^Your old Favorites, note these are loaded with starches and can cause some issues (Not a specialty gluten-free company)

^More classic starchy mixes (Not a specialty Gluten Free company)

Chocolate

^Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free Truffles!

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free bars OMG better then a Hershey bar

^Various gluten free truffles, and chocolate bars

^Chocolate Bars, Baking Chips etc. all gluten, dairy, and sugar free. Might contain Dairy in some and soy

^ Hershey List

Nestle has a list but it varies from country to country and at the time they do not have one for the US with up to date information that they will disclose.

*^This is a brewed coffee drink as a alternative to coffee, it is made of ground and roasted cocoa nibs. It can be eaten sprinkled over desserts or in baked goods.

*^Had a friend brag about these unsure as I have not tried them

Bars
^High protein low carb, meal bars, take some getting used to with the texture but great for diabetics and those sensitive to sugars.

^Good nut bars and snacks they also make granola

^Gluten free food bars, contain oats in many.

^Allergen Free Bars

Snacks/Chips/Crackers/Wraps

*^They have pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, etc. all free of the top 8 allergens, Also they offer various spices, etc.

*^Grain free low carb, vegan protein chips, bit of a acquired taste

^Miss Pringles...here is a gluten free version.

^Corn free tortilla chips, taste like a high end restaurant chips, they also make corn free puff snacks.

^More Corn free tortilla chips note these also have vegan options, they are a bit lighter and crispier.

^Rice and Quinoa Chips, crackers, etc.

*^Cassava based chips grain free bit high in starch but light and crisp

*^Cassava based grain free tortillas

*^Coconut wraps, I love to use these, you have to warm them up a bit to make them pliable.

^Almond based crackers

^Oat based granola snacks, bars, etc.

^Gluten free, Grain Free, Hot Cereal, granola and smoothie bases

^These flax crackers are great...the pizza is addicting

^Frito Lays List of products

Fries/Hashbrowns/Tatertots
^Go to company for most of is with this disease, NOTE most other companies will use wheat flour in fries/tots/hashbrowns

Granola/Cereal/Hot Cereal
*^ While I normally make my own nut meal porridge for on the go I use these.

^Grain free Granola and Nut based hot cereal/porridge

*^Low Carb Sugar Free Grain free Cereal

*^Coconut Based Cereal that is pretty low carb one of my new favorites

^Chex a simple and easy go to for gluten free Cereal

^Now this is a funny one from the makers of the poison cream of wheat, we now have cream of rice for a simple instant rice gruel, and they certify it gluten free.
Granola also refer to above links for MyGerbs, Udis
Cereal also refer to Vans,

Cooking Ingredients/Rice/Flours/Condiments

^Love these blends, this company makes full on blends of spices gluten free, and SODIUM FREE. They are great for meal prepping and adding strong flavors to anything your cooking.

^Many of use this brand in our cooking

*^Gluten free, Organic, Non GMO spices #1 go to for safe spices for many of us

^The Original worcestershire sauce in the US it is gluten free

^Great and safe Gluten Free Rice company, they make many instant rice entrees, rice crackers, and rice cakes

^Another option for various rice products

*^My personal choice for riced veggies, I use their riced broccoli in casseroles, you can buy from them or from Thrive following hte 25% off link at the bottom.

*^Riced Veggies, a lower carb version with cauliflower and sweet potatoe riced veggies

*^Grain Free FRESH soft pasta options EXPENSIVE but some of the highest end stuff you can get

*^ONLY true Gluten free oat company that I would trust, it is owned by a celiac family

*^Carb Free/Low Carb, Grain free noodles, rice, and instant meal kits.

*^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Carb Free. Dairy Free, Soy Free for cravings when you can't have them, bit overly processed but helps out when your limited They have coffee creamers, topping syrups, dessert dips, savory dips, salad dressings, condiments etc. CAREFUL if you have issues with highly processed foods and xantham gum

*^Sugar Free jams, honey, and maple syrup using xylitol for a sweetener instead of of a bunch of crud. Stuff takes awhile for your gut to adjust to but honestly They have the only Honey I can use

^ All their products are gluten-free and their jams are good I love using their sugar free products with fiber, I also use some of smuckers SF products

*^gluten-free and soy free teriyaki sauces, soy sauce subs, garlic sauce, cooking sauces, and they make knock off granola bars without oats

^Great source for mayo, vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, and SECRET SAUCE. all gluten and corn free with NO artificial preservatives, My main condiment when cooking for others, as a chef I trust it quite a bit.

*^These are vinegar made from coconut, great for cooking with and over salads

^Awesome Vegan Parmesan options the bacon one is a GOD SEND

^OMG You need to try this, dairy free, and sugar free Nutella substitute

*^gluten-free sauces like sriracha, BBQ, mustard, ketchup, ect. Good line up of products.

*^Great source for flours, baking ingredients etc. all you basics

*^Coconut flour, I use this brand in my baking alot

*^Recently Found these whole 30 cooking sauces....quite the punch and pure. Great way to step up the flavor in the kitchen if you do not have time to scratch make and want to avoid the overly processed crap.

^These are interesting, a bullion alternative made with health in mind. They are powdered bone broths, with less sodium in them, no yeast...and the flavors. I use the beef one, and the Spicy Ramen one really got my eye. Looks good for cooking.

*^Nice Paleo Based Company, Amusingly they started off as the First Paleo based food truck in California and now run a dedicated Paleo Company.
They have Bars, Avocado Mayo (This is what I use), Dressings, and marinades with healthy fats.

Meat/Meat Alternatives

^Apple Gate Makes various Meats certified gluten-free

*^You can find them at Walmart etc. But you can also order from them good sources for some of your meat bases

^Good priced gluten free artificial crab is hard to come by, this company I found at a expo, I use the surumi in dips and recipes when the pure Millers's Crab is out of my price range.

^ Meat alternative using Pea Protein, I love the beefy crumbles as they have the texture and flavor of ground beef. Low carb and good for ketogenic diets. MUCH easier to digest then actual beef while having the same amount of protein and less fat.

^look for the gluten-free label, you can get all kinds of sausage, bacon, burger patties etc from them all from turkey. I like using the bacon and sausages for soup stocks, and seasoning myself

^Love the deli meats from this company I use them in my catering sometimes

^I love using the curry paste from the Thai Kitchen, Noodle kits, Soup kits, stir fry kits, even Chinese take out kits. some even instant microwaveable. All gluten-free from what I have found gluten-free Thai/Chinese food.

^Found these, the sausage is safe, but beware of the meatballs not all are safe.

^Classic Butter Ball the new ALL NATURALS line is not only gluten free but free of other grains and crap, they have turkey based Sausage, Bacon, Deli Meats, Burgers etc.

Dairy Free Alternatives to Dairy Foods

^One of my FAVORITES, their Ricotta is to die for, the truffle cheese is awesome.

^I love their mozz, the least processed I can find, no gums or crap, I want to try their cream cheese. The smoked Mozz is great for mixing it up

^Bit Aquired, less sharp, but I love the Scallion spread,

^ Almond, cashew, coconut, blends etc.

^ More Almond, cashew, coconut, blends, they also offer yogurt and icecream alternatives.

^ They offer many coconut options, Yogurt, cheese, milks, icecream pints, icecream bars.

^VERY high end minimally processed almond milk, one the the best

^ NUT FREE, Dairy Free options of a rich milk alternative from yellow peas (legumes)

^Flax Based milk alternatives

^ BEST and least processed cheese spreads, cream cheese etc. I can eat these without any issues

^Offers Vegan cheese slices, cheese blocks, cheese shreds, pizza, CHEESE CAKES!, yogurt, s

^ Diary free and vegan, cheese, spreads, dips, dressings, condiments

*^ICE CREAM by the pint AND THEY SHIP IT TO YOU, Dairy free, soy free, sugar free, PERFECT bliss I suggest getting the gluten free pastry pack

*^Found this artisan cheese company as of late, ORDER the sauces stuff is to die for if you do not make your own.

^A very pure almond milk I found recently

^Nut FREE, DAIRY FREE milk alternatives chock full of protein.

Flavors/Extracts
^Great flavors for any dessert you might desire, you add 1 drop to each oz of liquid base in smoothies, icecream, and drinks....great way to kick cravings, Needs Sweeteners, Silverline is the lower priced line but limited flavors....the fruit circles ones, and apple jacks one really do taste like the cereals they are named after....try some in a glass of almond milk for a amazing treat
^Baking Extracts

Coffee/Tea

*^ DESERT Flavored Coffee all gluten-free and safe, I called the company and even tested most of the coffee flavors myself using testing kits. Sounded too good to be true but most of these taste dead on like the deserts they are supposed to , just add sweetener. 
Also try their plain coffee

*^Great tea company, all gluten-free certified teas, both bulk and bags.

*^Coffee Alternative made from ground roasted cocoa nibs....great for toppings and in baked goods also

Hard Ciders/Liqours
While Most Hard Liqours are gluten free due to the distilling process these are ones I have contacted the company on.
^Local cider here in Texas, I keep these for guest, good alternative to the "Beer Can Chicken"

^Suggested by someone else I was talking to

^Old Staple for many and company says they are gluten free

^I use this in cooking, goes great finishing off veggie saute

^Corn Based Vodka

^Grape Based Vodka

^Potato based vodka and apple based gin

^Potato Based Vodka

^Claims they are gluten free wines, I use them in cooking sometimes as the pricing is great.

EMERGENCY MEAL Supplies for long term survival
^All gluten free meal options dedicated company

^Gluten Free Options from a Wise company

^Various Freeze Dried foods, great for not just emergency foods but the dehydrated veggies give options for soups and always having veggies in stock without refrigeration.

Places to order From
Check these for most the the above products, these are the best pricing options, Always cross check and look for sells.

^Really good place for supplements, protein powders, and some gluten-free foods and snacks, Cross check with amazon for best pricing and sometimes Luckys will price match.

^Thrive Market, like a online grocery store that ship to you so you do not need to go out and buy stuff, has a lot of brands just search under Gluten Free.

^The go to everything store.

Found a UPC list from Several Grocery stores, you can takes these to your local grocery store manager and have items ordered.

^HEB/Central Market

^ Kroger

^Trader Joes

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived