• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kiki

Muscle Twitches

Rate this topic

Hey i recently started experiencing muslce twitches in my stomach area and legs and my eyes. The abdomine ones are the worst very strong and very annoying but not painful. Does anybody know if this is a symptom and if there is anything I can do about it. Thank you!!

I get muscle twitching from time to time and I believe it is because my body is low on potassium. I take a diruetic for blood pressure. But I will get twitching in one eye or in my calve muscle . I have never gotten them in my stomach though. Also, I twitch right as I am getting ready to fall asleep. My boyfriend always knows when I am minutes from sleeping due to the intensity of the twitches. Not sure if this helps but you might want to try eating a banana a day to see if it helps any. They are loaded with potassium.

I agree, try upping the potassium intake. Another food that has potassium is peaches. I try to eat both once a day. Sometimes I make vanilla pudding and cut up peaches and bananas and throw them in the pudding. Makes a yummy night time TV snack.

I get twitches too. I'm new to the board. I get them in my stomach, shoulders, arms, fingers, wrists and neck. Sometimes my head will jerk back or my arms will fly out. This happened to me the worst when I was in the hospital receiving TPN treatments. It definantely has something to do with low potassium but also has a lot to do with low magnesium. An electrolyte imbalance may be the culprit as well.

Hope the bananas work for you. I have yet to find a treatment for the twitches.