• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Suzie_GFfamily

Canadians Wanting Enterolab Testing

Rate this topic

Myself and my 2 oldest children (age 8 and 5 yrs) have all had positive tTG results in the past month and a half, we're awaiting referrals to GI and will discuss the possibility of having biopsies before we go gluten-free. However, I'm considering the Enterolab testing as either a supplement to the other test results or as a replacement of the intestinal biopsy.

I have 3 questions for any fellow Canadians on this list.

1) I'm wondering if Enterolab will test samples from outside the US. Are there any Canadians on this list who sent stool samples to Enterolab for testing?

2) Also, if they do test samples from Canada... Did you have any difficulties shipping your specimen across the border?

3) Were you able to have your provincial health care plan or your insurance company help pay for the test? If so, how?

Thanks! S.

I looked into it and couldn't get the test paid for. I opted against it in the end. That's all I can offer you... good luck :)

I looked into it and couldn't get the test paid for. I opted against it in the end. That's all I can offer you... good luck :)

Thanks! It's expensive when we're so used to health care costs being covered by our taxes- but exchange rate for the CDN $ is good right now, which makes the cost of the test more feasible.

S.