• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

wolfie

I Made A Gluten-free Meal For Our Mother's Day

Rate this topic

I made gluten-free lasagna (with Debole's no-cook rice noodles and Classico 4 cheese sauce), green beans and salad. Then for dessert we had chocolate cupcakes (Namaste with Cherrybrook kicthen frosting) and my Mom made a gluten-free Pistachio Cheesecake....it was amazing. She made changes to make it gluten-free and it is better that way...everyone agreed. We had family in town for Mother's Day and most of them would have turned their noses up at the food had they known prior to eating that it was gluten-free. They were all surprised once they learned it was.

Here is the recipe for the Pistachio Cheesecake (for the crust I used Pamela's Pecan Shortbread gluten-free cookies)

1 stick of butter

15 Pamela's Pecan Shortbread Cookies (I had 2 boxes and could have used more but wanted to add pecans)

1/2 cup chopped pecans

8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)

1 cup powdered sugar

8 -12 oz of Cool Whip

2 small pkg Jello Brand Pistachio Pudding mix (I used regular, not sugar free)

3 cups of milk

1. Making the crust:

Blend melted stick of butter, crushed cookies and pecans and spread in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 or until golden brown. COOL COMPLETELY.

2. Making the cheesecake filling:

Mix cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Then fold in half of the cool whip. Spread on top of cooled crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

3. Topping:

Mix 2 small pkgs of pistachio instant pudding mix with 3 cups of milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour on top of cooled filling. Chill and then top with remaining cool whip.