• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have been feeling icky the past 4 days. My joints and body ache, neuropathy is back in my fingers, brain fog, migraine or nasty headache every day and indegstion! I have been gluten-free for 5 months now and have been feeling great!! I am sure I did not get gluten as I have not gotten any tummy issues. But I am not sure what it is!! I hope it is not another food intolerance! Any thoughts?

Becky,

Have you added anything new to your diet recently? Even supplements or vitamins? I started feeling a bit better after eliminating gluten but found that I had problems with other foods as well (all grains/beans etc). A number of us have reacted to things in nutritional supplements that are supposedly 'allergen free.' It seems as though brain fog, migraines and aches can be caused by MSG and other additives too.

The thread "OMG...I Think I'm on to Something" on the board has a discussion that's helped me a lot. It's concerning MSG and the names it is hidden under...there are at least a few of us who have been gluten free but are still having problems, and are wondering if hidden MSG has been making us sick.

Hopefully you'll find something helpful there. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you figure out what's been making you feel bad, and that you start to get some relief. :)

Guest nini

maybe just a virus... if you are being really careful about cc, and you haven't added anything new, maybe double check your products to make sure an ingredient hasn't changed, but more likely a virus... hope you are feeling better!

I thought I got glutened the other day because the brain fog was starting to set in. The next day I woke up with a head cold and never got the stomach symptoms. Fortunately, the cold went away in a day or two, unlike the week to ten days I used to get them before going gluten-free.

So, you could just have a virus like someone mentioned. It's easy to always blame it on gluten especially when brian fog is involved!