• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

munchkinette

Albuquerque, Nm?

Rate this topic

I'm going to visit my friend next month in Albuquerque. I've done some internet searches and I found Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Wild Oats, but they are ALL on the Northeast side of town. My friend lives on the Southwest side of town. That's a heck of a drive!

What are some other places to shop that might be in that part of the US? What about restaurants? I know some of the old standards (Outback saved my butt on my last business trip) but I don't know any local places.

Paisano's Italian Restaurant 1935 Eubank Blvd NE is wonderful. The owner has Celiac and you can get sandwichs at lunch time as well as pasta anytime. My son and I love the Calamari which is better than most gluten recipes. Other than that it is PF Changs their Pei Wai (sp) and so forth. The chains are your best bet. There are a few off the chain but they depend on which chef is on to really trust. Talin World Market Address

88 Louisiana Blvd SE

Albuquerque, NM 87108

SE corner of Louisiana and Central

When are you comming next month? I will look for others in the mean time for you. I am the contact point for ROCK in New Mexico so the information can be used for others later. Feel Free to contact me at

abqrock@msn.com