• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Homegirl

Should I Take Aloe Before Biopsy?

Rate this topic

I heard that it heals the villi, but I am not taking it for that. I was just wondering if I should take it before the biopsy if it really does heal, then wouldn't that give a false negative?

I heard that it heals the villi, but I am not taking it for that. I was just wondering if I should take it before the biopsy if it really does heal, then wouldn't that give a false negative?

Hi Homegirl--The best thing to do before the biopsy is to just eat your normal diet. Keep eating gluten, and, if it were me, I would not use the Aloe until after. I don't think the Aloe would have any effect, but I wouldn't take any chances. :)

I would hold off on the aloe...when I was in college and was misdiagnosed with IBS I drank about a gallon Aloe over a few weeks and all my bowel symtoms disappeared...of course they came back when I quite drinking it. So I would wait till the biopsey is over to take the aloe.