This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Birthday Ice Cream

jennyj

jennyj Collaborator

My family is really struggling with how to have a birthday party for me this year without having a cake. I told them I thought an ice cream sundae supper would work. Just buy ice cream and the goodies and let everyone make their own. Keeping the items in seperate dishes. Do you think this would work?????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
My family is really struggling with how to have a birthday party for me this year without having a cake. I told them I thought an ice cream sundae supper would work. Just buy ice cream and the goodies and let everyone make their own. Keeping the items in seperate dishes. Do you think this would work?????

Did this last year, it worked very well, got TONS of compliments on it.

How ever, you can get gluten-free ice cream cakes, we get ours from Baskin Robins (just have to tell them how to make it and give them a few days notice) and some one posted that Carvel will do the same.

skinnyminny Enthusiast

Wow! I had no idea baskin robbins catered to us like that.. which location of baskin robbins do you go to? I would LOVE an ice cream cake (too bad its not my birthday)

VydorScope Proficient
Wow! I had no idea baskin robbins catered to us like that.. which location of baskin robbins do you go to? I would LOVE an ice cream cake (too bad its not my birthday)

Well I am in Nashville, TN and go to the on near Kroger on the corner of Magavic and Lebabon. Thier normal cake is 1/2 cake and 1/2 ice cream, so all they realy need to do is leave the cake out. Thier icing is gluten-free (at least the containers they let me read), and thier icecream is gluten-free (save teh odvious like cookie dough) so its fairly easy for them. I just make sure to remind them to use all clean untensils and stuff. They have been very nice to me at least .... and I will be there today ordering a cake for my son's b-day this weekend. :)

StrongerToday Enthusiast

You can still have cake - just make a gluten-free one. Or there are tons of other things you can have... my mom makes a fabulous lemon sponge cake w/ cornstartch, or pies, or meringues, creme brulee, definitely a sundea bar... oh I'm hungry now :P

skinnyminny Enthusiast

A hot fudge sunday bar would be great you could make a big batch of easy gluten free fugde pie ( crustless like brownies), I have a recipe thats so simple if you would like it.. my family LOVES it! and it calls for very little flour. then have all sorts of topings and flavors of ice cream.. or you could make a few rice cream pies.. gluten free rice crispys peanutbutter and caro syrup for the crust and fill it with vanilla icecream.. if you would like any of those recipes let me know!

I live in Tn also.. we get up towards nashville quite often, its about 30 mins away. we have a baskin robbins here I will have to ask them about it so you simply leave off the cake part ?

VydorScope Proficient
A hot fudge sunday bar would be great you could make a big batch of easy gluten free fugde pie ( crustless like brownies), I have a recipe thats so simple if you would like it.. my family LOVES it! and it calls for very little flour. then have all sorts of topings and flavors of ice cream.. or you could make a few rice cream pies.. gluten free rice crispys peanutbutter and caro syrup for the crust and fill it with vanilla icecream.. if you would like any of those recipes let me know!

I live in Tn also.. we get up towards nashville quite often, its about 30 mins away. we have a baskin robbins here I will have to ask them about it so you simply leave off the cake part ?

Yep. I just have them make it with only ice cream. THey say they need 48 hours for the icecream to "set" so it not as easy as walking in and pulling on from the freezer, but realy a small price to pay for a REAL birthday cake :D I have had them make 2 so far, and both went off very well. :D

I live just out side Nashville in a area called Donelson, near the new Grand Old Opry so that might be closer then that 30 mins to you... or futher. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

*Reddi-Whip is gluten-free (spray can of whipped cream)

*Cool Whip is also gluten-free

*M&M's (mini's would be even better)

*Smuckers has icecream toppings......read the labels for allergen info

*Chop up candy bars for toppings (reeses peanut butter cups, reeses pieces, snickers, etc)

*if you want to get fancy Dairy queen soft serve icecream is gluten-free, so are some of their toppings like hot fudge, marshmallow, strawberry, maybe they would sell you some to have your icecream bar with

*Chopped Nuts

*wilton cake company has some sprinkles, you just have to call them to verify the UPC for glutenfreeness

*bake some gluten-free brownies that are ooey gooey for brownie sundaes

Get some huge bowls and have a great birthday!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

A hot fudge sunday bar would be great you could make a big batch of easy gluten free fugde pie ( crustless like brownies), I have a recipe thats so simple if you would like it..

I would love to have your recipe for the fudge pie........sounds yummy!!

skinnyminny Enthusiast

Fudge Pie

2 squares unsweetened chocolate

½ cup butter

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

2 T rice flour or any gluten-free you would like to use the rice works great!

1 t Vanilla

½ cup of chopped nuts (optional)

Melt the chocolate and butter. Add eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and nuts. Bake in a 9” greased pie pan for 30 mins starting in a cold oven.

for gooier pie cook shorter..

Fudge Pie

2 squares unsweetened chocolate

½ cup butter

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

2 T rice flour or any gluten-free you would like to use the rice works great!

1 t Vanilla

½ cup of chopped nuts (optional)

Melt the chocolate and butter. Add eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and nuts. Bake in a 9” greased pie pan for 30 mins starting in a cold oven.

for gooier pie cook shorter..

MMmmmm sounds very good! Thanks for the recipe.

I'm making a fudgey cake in the crock pot today. I've never baked in my crock pot before. Your recipe had me inspired to search for a ooey gooey thing haha

jennyj Collaborator

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I am going to try several of your ideas. This is going to be my first gluten-free birthday and they really want it to be special.

Wal-mart great value Marachino cherries are gluten-free.......I checked today when I went grocery shopping. Had to buy a bottle for myself! I used to LOVE those things as a kid.

Happy B-day!!

Archived