Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveA

Brit In Fl!

Hi,

I am from the UK, but will be visiting Kissimmee,FL for Xmas, doing all the tourist stuff! :)

Last time I came to the States, I was an undiagnosed Coeliac (Celiac in US?).

Do any locals in the Kissimme area have any tips for eating out a supermarket shopping in the area?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Many thanks :)

Dave

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am going there in Feb. I found out there is a Whole foods market one exit north of Orlando in Winter Park. Also there should be a Outback steakhouse, Carabbas, and PF Changs in the area. They all have gluten free menus. Whole Foods has a big deli/restaurant in there store. Their items are labeled clearly with all ingredients.

My parents just bought a house and its in Kissimee... We shopped at Publix.. which they didnt seem to have much.. so we went to super Walmart the next day.. They had tons of stuff, clearly marked.

Where my parents house is... 3 miles from Disney... There is a Carrabbas, Outback, Red Lobster (not too sure about them though) all on one corner. I had no problem getting any type of gluten free food.

I did, however, bring my own pancake mix down, a loaf of bread, and breadcrumbs for an amazing chicken parm dinner.

good luck! and have fun!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Thanks for your responses!

I will check these places out.

I do remember a Publix from our last visit.

out on SR192 I think (the main east-west road?)

We are staying in Indian Ridge which I gather is just across the road from where we stayed

last time in Indian Ridge Oaks.

Thanks again,

Dave

Wow! Route 192! You will be within minutes from our place! If ya get the urge.. LOL.. check out our house.. www.lynvillas.com it has all attractions in the area.. food stuffs too.. golf info.. we included all kinds of stuff on our site. I hope that helps in some of your planning!

Stephanie

celiac

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Thank you... we rent it out when we arent there. It is so central to all of Disney. We shopped the Publix like I said.. but I didnt find too much gluten free, except the obvious fresh meat, fruit and veggies. The produce section was rather limited too.. I would recommend trying the Walmart if you can and find the time with all you are doing there.

Have a fun trip!

Stephanie

celiac