Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MauriceGreene

Results Interpretation Question

I have wanted to know for a while if I have celiacs or just gluten intolerance. 3 months ago my results were

ttg: 23, 20 = normal

iga to gluten = 80

and now three months later

ttg: 21

iga to gluten 60

I really want to know but I dont wanna have a biopsy ( 4 week gluten test required). I had the HLA gene test done, if this comes back positive can I assume celiacs for sure? Thanks

God sees you homie

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest nini

is the three months later result after being gluten-free?

It's really hard to tell from those results alone, it looks like you didn't have the complete celiac panel run

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

and if you have been gluten-free, have you noticed improvement in symptoms? You have to look at the big picture, even if the biopsy comes back inconclusive (it can never truly be negative despite what the Dr.s may tell you) You can always see how your body responds to the diet. And if it responds well to the diet, at the very least you are gluten intolerant, which is treated exactly the same as Celiac, so it really doesn't matter, and do you really want a dx of Celiac on your permanent record? I've been denied health insurance because of mine, and some people have been denied life insurance coverage because of a positive Celiac dx.

positive dietary response is the most valid diagnostic tool there is.

truly the only difference between gluten intolerance and celiac, is with celiac there is CONFIRMED damage. Do you seriously want to keep eating gluten if it makes you feel bad if you don't have damage YET? Because if it's making you feel ill, odds are if there is no damage yet, there will be eventually.

positive dietary response is the most valid diagnostic tool there is.

truly the only difference between gluten intolerance and celiac, is with celiac there is CONFIRMED damage. Do you seriously want to keep eating gluten if it makes you feel bad if you don't have damage YET? Because if it's making you feel ill, odds are if there is no damage yet, there will be eventually.

Ditto

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.