Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca47

Testing For Other Things

So I have been reading all kinds of things on this board ,and its all wonderful. So now I have another question.

Although some of my numbers are great, I still get some bloating and have constipation. I am taking iron pills daily, also calcium, vitamin D. What else should I be looking for, I was keeping a log of food I was eating. I am going to restart another log. Could that be another form of intolerance? Any Suggestions?

Rebecca

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

some celiacs are lactose intolerant until their intestines heal---that could cause bloating.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

I have heard before that iron can be hard on your stomach. I would think that that would be even more common while your stomach is healing from celiac. If your doctor prescribed the iron, maybe he would be willing for you to go off of them for a period of time to see if it helps. If it's something you just happen to be taking, then you might want to consider not taking them for a bit to see if they're the culprit.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Ever since I found this board yesterday I can't pull myself from it. So much I want to learn and This is a great board. I will I know have many more questions, God Bless everyone!!

I was very anemic and still have low iron so thats why I take the iron and all the other stuff.

I still trying to find my way around here in the board. :D

Rebecca

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

So I have been reading all kinds of things on this board ,and its all wonderful. So now I have another question.

Although some of my numbers are great, I still get some bloating and have constipation. I am taking iron pills daily, also calcium, vitamin D. What else should I be looking for, I was keeping a log of food I was eating. I am going to restart another log. Could that be another form of intolerance? Any Suggestions?

Rebecca

Lactose could definitely be the culprit - but I found my bloating was worse when I went gluten-free and lactose free. I found SOY was the issue for the bloating (the gluten-free and lactose eliminated my other symptoms, however)! I haven't gone soy free (meaning, I don't worry about it as a minor ingredient in some foods), but I avoid large quantities of it b/c it definitely was making me feel about 6 months pregnant!

If your going to be taking iron make sure you also get alot of vitamin C (O.J.), it helps your body absorb it better.

Also, i personally stay away from soy. Not because of an allergy but because the same company that created the bovine growth hormone also genetically altered soy so that pesticides are inside the gene so they do not have to spray the plant. And because that's now the way it grows they can call it organic, when really your eating pesticides. Soy was originally made to bulk up cattle and doesn't have much if any nutritional value.