Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexp

Question About Mother's Symptoms

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced these symptoms, or could give me some input as to whether you think they could be due to a gluten intolerance. Okay, here goes. My mom has not been able to sleep through the night since she was a baby. I remember my grandma telling me stories of her never sleeping. She was also an irritable baby. She has a terrible time with allergies, she's always clearing her throat hacking up mucus, sorry. She can't drink certain beers because they stuff her nose up so bad, and I remember she once ate a loaf of rye bread and couldn't breathe for 2 days because her nose was so stuffed up. She does have occasional diarrhea, and like I said earlier she can't sleep through the night. She will usally fall asleep fine, but is up in a few hours and has a very hard time returning to sleep. She does have heartburn occasionally also. So could anyone give me some input, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest nini

my daughter wouldn't sleep through the night at all for the first three years of her life. At three I put her on the gluten-free diet after I was dx'ed and lo and behold she began sleeping through the night. Is there a connection? I think so.

Has your mom ever been tested for Celiac? Has she ever tried the gluten-free diet?

No she hasn't ever been tested, or tried the diet. I don't think she ever would. Yeah I figured there has to be some connection to gluten and sleeping, because I saw the whole section on sleeping here. Thanks.

Guest nini
No she hasn't ever been tested, or tried the diet. I don't think she ever would. Yeah I figured there has to be some connection to gluten and sleeping, because I saw the whole section on sleeping here. Thanks.

well, I would suggest that you try to get her to get tested while she is still eating gluten, and then regardless of the results ask her to try the diet just to see if it helps.