Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaten

Fairfax, Va

I've recently noticed there are a number of folks on here in the Fairfax, VA area. I'll be there for a few days and am looking for very safe restaurant options (ok, as safe as is possible). Is the Outback there a good choice? (Some are, some aren't) Other options? Please help! I'm leaving early Friday a.m.

I did see a thread on here, but a lot of suggestions were made in 2004 and things can change a lot in that time!

Thanks for the info!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jaten - I live in Fairfax and I've have eaten at Outback, Bonefish Grill and PF Changs - these are all in the Fair Lakes area. I believe there is also a PF Changs in/near Tysons Corner. I have also had good luck at the Champp's in the Fair Oaks Mall. They don't have a gluten-free menu, but were very accomodating. Also - if you don't live in area where there is a Wegman's you should definitely check it out - it has a great gluten-free section.

Hope you enjoy the trip!

In Reston, you can eat at

Uno's,

Outback, and

Carraba's.

(The server can make a difference, especially at the Outback. :( )

If you head to Tysons, there is also a Maggianos in the mall that even has gluten free pasta!

There are some local restaurants that have just developed gluten-free menus for their restaurants, http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/, and I had a decent experience at the SweetWater Tavern in my area, though it stinks not to be able to try their beer.

Gluten-Free since February 2006

There are a ton of options. PF Changs, Sweetwater Tavern, Clydes, Coastal Flats, Legal Seafood, Bonefish, Outback...........all of these restaurants have gluten-free menus.

Positive Biopsy - February 2006

Positive Bloodwork - December 2005

I live in Fairfax and am newly diagnosed and new to the forum. Thanks for the list of dining out options and please keep me informed of any new ones. I live in the Fair Oaks area and work in Reston.

WH