Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aimee0324

Alternative Sweetners

i am in need of recipes using agava nectar, brown rice syrup, sucana, and stevia. i am having trouble converting recipes because of the liquid change over with the syrups. hoping for some tried gluten free recipes that include these sweetners. thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What recipes are you trying to change? They all have different roles. Agave and brown rice syrup can be 1 for 1 with things like honey, and Sucanat is 1 for 1 with 'regular' sugar. Stevia won't work unless the sweetener in the recipe is used ONLY to sweeten.

Gluten-free, Vegan

i am in need of recipes using agava nectar, brown rice syrup, sucana, and stevia. i am having trouble converting recipes because of the liquid change over with the syrups. hoping for some tried gluten free recipes that include these sweetners. thanks

i have no recipes that use just honey as a sweetner. i do have a couple recipes for the stevia, custards and puddings. i've heard stevia works well in those. i have found lots of wheat recipes on the sweetner sights but i am worried about the convertion. just hoping for some tried gluten free recipes using rice syrup or agava.