This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Excersing After Being Glutened?

Mballerina

Mballerina Explorer

When i am glutened, even a little bit, i can't even get the energy to get off the floor for days.

I need to excercise because of my energy and my mood. I get severly depressed without movement. I am only 20, does anybody have advice for coping with this.

Magdalena, On, Canada

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

Start out slow - maybe just a walk around the block - and get plenty of liquids. Take it easy, and treat it as though you were sick. It's hard, I know. :-( I also find it hard to exercise for a few days after getting glutened as well.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I get the low energy, too. I can relate to what you're saying about how depressing it is not to have the enery to move about. You just need to make yourself do it. Like Tiffany said, start off small. I hope you start feeling better when you have a gluten slip.

Kristina

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

I agree with everyone else--start out gradually and then use your body's response to exercise to determine what works/doesn't. I'm not sure I've read your other posts, but have you started the gluten-free diet? If so, how long?

Good luck, and good health,

Guest Libbyk

I have found that when I exercise after a contaminatin (only once I can happily get off of the couch) my body reacts very strongly one of two ways. Either it is a relief to move and it feels wonderful, or, if I try to early, it can feel terrible, and then I just turn around and do some more resting. At this point, my theory is to try, and not be hard on myself if I have to give up.

Lib

ponita Newbie

My excersise program lately has been doing a little Tai Chi, has everyone tired that? I am overweight (65 lbs) and have been looking for ways for years to feel better not know that I've had gluten problems for what we know think is at least 10 years. Some of the tai chi tapes that are designed for beginners was too taxing for me, then I found a saturday moring program on the FIT TV channel. When they say 'beginners" they meant it. It's slow easy movements, a lot of deep breathing, stretching and extremely easy to follow, I sometimes get lost (mind fog) and can easily catch back up. I feel like the tai chi has helped me to listen to my body more.

Hope that helps.

Melissa

Archived