Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

super_sally888

Support Groups In Brisbane Area

Hi,

I am in Philippines. I have a sister in Brisbane who has been diagnosed with Celiac through blood tests (I am self diagnosed but not medically confirmed). I talked to her and she says she still can tolerate some gluten... so basically she is not following the diet... though she is gluten lite.

Anyway... recently my other sisters have been worried about her (even their husbands have been asking what's wrong with her so she must be looking pretty bad).. she is apparently really thin and is having difficulty coping / is even more scatterbrained than usual. Her two kids also have food problems (gluten, salicilates, dairy, amines....) We think she needs to get serious about gluten free and the other stuff....

Maybe it would help if we can get her to a support group so she can learn about this condition and start coping a bit better.

Can anyone advise of a good support group / good dr. in Brisbane area - she lives near Corinda.

Thanks.

Sally

Sally

Aussie living in Philippines, Manager, Triathlete, Mum to 2 dogs, 2 cats & fish

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hypothyroid, diag. 2000, desicated thryoid 3 grains + T4 50 mcg.

Pituitary adenoma, 2002 - no treatment (no followup yet)

Polycystic, 2000 - no treatment

IBD by biopsy - end 2006 (cause not investigated)

Suspected Gluten intolerant/celiac - not diagnosed

Gluten Free - start Dec 06 (big improvement in tummy troubles, though still not 100%..)

Allergies suspected to Rice, Mango, Chicken, some fish (though testing)... still trying to work it all out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is your sister a member of The Queensland Coeliac Society? If she was is I am sure that they would information of a group in here area.