Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the last three nights I have only slept about 9 hours total. The first two nights I took Benadryl, 1 capsule, and slept only 2-3 hours each night. Last night I was very exhausted so I took two thinking it would work, ha. I slept maybe 3 hours. I have a doctor's appt. Thursday with my new doctor and can't see him any earlier. I am so tired and do not know what to try next. I even went to the pharmacy today and the three things they offered all had the same ingredients as Tylenol PM or Benadryl. Help :blink:

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

have you tried valerian root? i take that when i've been having trouble sleeping.

Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

No, I haven't, what is it????

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

When I am having a hard time sleeping, I take sleepytime tea with valarian. I believe it is celestial seasonings sleepytime extra. I don't use any sugar in it, that will give you a burst of energy, lol. I have struggled with sleep issues, going to sleep and then staying asleep. It helped me greatly to have the same routine every night. I play relaxing music after my kids are in bed and I am ready for bed. I take a bath. I drink some tea... I may or may not do other things, but I pretty much do those same things every night first. It helps me.

~Savoring this new world of dark chocolate~

graves disease 1998

pos blood test sept 2006

pos biopsy oct 2006

gluten-free since oct 2006

In the last three nights I have only slept about 9 hours total. The first two nights I took Benadryl, 1 capsule, and slept only 2-3 hours each night. Last night I was very exhausted so I took two thinking it would work, ha. I slept maybe 3 hours. I have a doctor's appt. Thursday with my new doctor and can't see him any earlier. I am so tired and do not know what to try next. I even went to the pharmacy today and the three things they offered all had the same ingredients as Tylenol PM or Benadryl. Help :blink:

You could also try Melatonin (available at any health food store). I've been taking a time released version of it that really helps me stay asleep all night. I tried Ambien and that was a little heavy duty.

S

A set routine, low lighting in the hours before bedtime, low noise volume, and avoidance of anything excessively stimulating (even TV), helps - particularly in addition to the suggestions given. Exercise during the day (at least four hours before sleep) can help as well.

(Of course, I was at work until 3:30am this morning - I'm usually a 9-5'er M-F, so 14 hours on a Sunday is *ODD* - so I'm trying to stay awake until dinner's done!)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA