Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

Mexico Cruise In 10 Days

My wife and I are going on a Mexico cruise in 10 days. You can bet I will be very careful before and during this cruise as I want to feel my best. I don't plan to eat anything that even looks remotely questionable. I am so looking forward to some sunshine......and warmth...

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Definitely contact the cruise company beforehand. Many cruise ships can accomodate a gluten free diet. 10 days may be enough time for them to ensure they have plenty of gluten free food. Enjoy your trip!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Please don't go on your cruise naively concerning gluten free accomodations. You MUST contact them ahead of time, usually 2 weeks. So probably better do it today. If you don't mind a plain piece of meat or fish, sauteed veggies, a baked potato, plain rice and plain fresh fruit for dessert, for all meals, you'll be fine. But unless you talk to them upfront, you won't likely get anything fun or different. They also need to understand exactly what your personal allergies entail. Some ships are better than others at understanding celiac. So you really must communicate with them so they get a heads up. Are you allergic to anything else? If you are also casein intolerant or soy or eggs or anything else major, they really need to know that so your meals don't become exceedingly boring. Cruise ships are capable of fantastic food, so don't worry. They can do it. They just need to know ahead. Hope you have a great time!