Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

This Is So Frustrating

I finally noticed in the last week that I can sleep for eight hours or longer, but when I get up I am in so much pain. For some reason my hands and feet are so stiff. I used to take Mobic, but when it when generic I seemed to react so quit taking it 4 months ago. I started the gluten free diet the first of the year. It has helped me in many ways. The best that horrible itching that was just so itchy is gone. I have so many improvements. I just hope this isn't a setback or something else. It's been close to a year from when the itching started. I was given atarax and that doesn't even touch it. I have to say the diet helped that the most. I'm frustrated and not sure what to do.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am no doctor here, but have you had you blood pressure tested lately? High blood pressure can be the cause of itchiness in the limbs. I am not familiar with your med and not comfortable to comment.

If you have a rash, that is another issue. DH can be a significant side effect of celiac. If so, you need to revisit you diet and make sure that you are TOTALLY gluten free...lotions, shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, bath soap, cosmetics that may come into contact with your mouth.

Do a food diary and write down everything that comes in contact with your mouth. If that shows nothing, they venture onto other food intollergies.(spell check says I made up that word)

Perhaps, just a thought to consider.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks for your input, my blood pressure is fine. I know some of my itching is due to dry skin. I'm being careful with the products that I come in contact with. The stiffness is in my hands and feet. I have had many improvements since I started the gluten free diet the first of the year. I was having trouble sleeping for one. In the last week, I am finally getting sleep. It seems like I'm more sensitive to gluten. Was using a lip gloss, threw it out when I found out. I am still trying to get my family to understand too.