Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ne18925

Hypothyroidism

7 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypothrodism and went on synthroid - but I have never been "right" . In research on my allergies I came up with a self diagnosis of gluten inoterance.

After a couple of weeks of gluten free I fell like a million bucks - the same symptoms I had with hypo - brain fog and general body depression and foul smelling stools, which were building up agian even though my blood work was normal, are gone.

Should I meet with my dotor and discuss this or just accept that I do better gluten free and wait untill my next check up in 4 months.

NE

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello and welcome to the board!

I have hypothyroid and gluten intolerance too. They seem to go together a lot.

It's totally up to you as to what to do. If you think you need a diagnosis of Celiac Disease in order to stick with the diet, then you should make an appointment right away and start eating gluten again. If your experience with your diet trial has convinced you, you can just consider yourself gluten intolerant and stick with it yourself. There are a lot of self diagnosed people on here, so you certainly wouldn't be alone. (I was told I was allergic to wheat, but discovered on my own that it's really gluten and have stuck with it fanatically without any official diagnosis.)

I hope a moderator will come along and put your post in the correct section so you'll get some more answers.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

7 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypothrodism and went on synthroid - but I have never been "right" . In research on my allergies I came up with a self diagnosis of gluten inoterance.

After a couple of weeks of gluten free I fell like a million bucks - the same symptoms I had with hypo - brain fog and general body depression and foul smelling stools, which were building up agian even though my blood work was normal, are gone.

Should I meet with my dotor and discuss this or just accept that I do better gluten free and wait untill my next check up in 4 months.

NE