Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo.R

First Gluten Free Road Trip

I went 500 mile trip without once having to worry about where the rest stops were! Last time we made this trip I had to stop three times because of D. If I'd know going gluten free would have improved my life this much I wouldn't have hesitated to do it.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

YEA!

I'm going to FL soon and am so excited that I'll be feeling great for the car ride! NOw the only thing I'm worried about is keeping my 3, 2, and 1 year olds sane for the drive :rolleyes:

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

I hated traveling when the kids were that small. It is so nice when you can take DVD's to entertain. Of course I have kids who don't sleep in the car so it's really nice now that they are old enough to want to watch movies.

Good luck on the trip.

Refused endoscope

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

Thanks!

WHat kind of snacks did you take for the trip? I was going to make at least the car ride totally gluten-free (i'm the only one who is gluten-free right now) so that I don't have to figure out how to clean my hands so much before I eat a snack. Any suggestions?

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

I am one of the luck ones, in that, cross contamination doesn't bother me. It takes quit a bit of gluten to set me off. My kids had gluten food, and fruit. My kids like pop tarts, you'd only have to open the bag, and not touch the food. Of course you kids are younger, so someones going to have to pick the peices out of the car seat later ;) .

Refused endoscope

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)