Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest j_mommy

Sooooo Tired!

Guest j_mommy

I was DX'd April 1 and have biopsy scheduled May 15. I am soooo tired all the time. Will this subside when I start my gluten free diet or do I need to be checking other things out?? (ie vitamin supplements ect!)

Thanks in advance!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know for me, I did get my energy back after being on the diet for a bit. I had been spending almost all the time I was not working on the couch or in bed. I really was worried that at 21 years old my life was in ruins. Thankfully things got much better. I would give the diet and your body a chance to heal a bit, this time varies person to person. Good Luck.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Hi

I am sorry you feel tired.

I am the same way I only started the diet about 5 weeks. I have to say I feel better, but still very tired. I posted earlier today a question about vitamins. I am getting excellent responses.

As a beginner I will tell you be patience, and search for a good gluten-free vitamin. Everyone keeps telling me to be patience. I've been taking gluten products for almost 40 years without knowing it was toxin to me. I think my body needs a few months to feel how a normal body should perform. What ever that is. There are days I cannot lift my arms, because of lack of energy. But I will tell you I time progresses I fell better, and is only been 5 weeks. There is hope our bodies needs healing.

I hope you feel better, keep in touch.

Best regards to everyone.

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Guest j_mommy

Thanks you guys!!!! It is sooo nice to know that i'm not alone! Everyone here is very helpful and kind!

It's great reading the articles, BUT I am falling asleep reading, I'm soooo tired, I have been put on Vit B 12 by Injection and Folic and Vit B6, maybe just a bad day.

Thanks you guys!!!! It is sooo nice to know that i'm not alone! Everyone here is very helpful and kind!