Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Am I Healing?

I have been glutened twice by accident. Both times I had some obvious symptoms mainly horrible brain fog and feeling stupid for a few hours but not near as bad as before where I had to run to the bathroom for hours on end. I have always read that your symptoms get worse when you are gluten free after a while. My household is gluten free completely and my whole family is gluten free. The only thing if I am getting glutened slightly and not realizing it would be lays potato chips ( regular bag not stax) and Im not as sensitive to it as I should be.

I have not been tested yet but my symptoms are obvious. Im trying to heal and avoid any other foods that might trigger intolerances and I stick to whole foods most of the time, its rare I eat a chip here and there.

Did anyone else's symptoms become less to being glutened after going gluten free? I feel like I should be thankful that during accidental glutening that I am not as bad but Im concerned Im not healing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My reactions to gluten are still pretty bad, but they are not nearly as bad as before I went gluten-free. So, it can go both ways.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I've actually found that my symptoms are milder in the past year when I get glutened than before, I've been gluten-free for about three years. It's apparently unusual to have milder symptoms after you've been gluten-free for a while, but not unheard of. Also, how long have you been gluten-free? If it's only been a month or two then you won't be sure yet how you'll react a year from now, or five years.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Hi! I've actually found that my symptoms are milder in the past year when I get glutened than before, I've been gluten-free for about three years. It's apparently unusual to have milder symptoms after you've been gluten-free for a while, but not unheard of. Also, how long have you been gluten-free? If it's only been a month or two then you won't be sure yet how you'll react a year from now, or five years.

Thanks :) Its been about fifteen months since I went gluten free.