Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

besides being gluten-free my son and I are also casien free too. We went for his check up and the doctor was concerned he isn't getting enough calcium(we drink calium fortified oj but not nearly enough to count as 1 serving). Can anyone give ideas how to get calcium into him and what calcium rich foods to give. He's not a veggie eatter besides occassional carrots and he does not like to drink Rice,Soy or almond milk yet.

I'd also be interested in trying a Gluten-free Casein-free calium suppliment too if someone can recomend one that is not a gummy bear.

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We use Nutrition Now Rhino Chewable Calcium. It does say for 4 years and up.

We've used the soft chews (also by nutrition now) but those have soy so we don't use them anymore. I believe they are ok for younger children.

I would think even one chewable would be fine if it was crushed up for a younger child. You could contact the company. They got back to me very quickly when I wrote asking about ingredients.

www.nutritionnow.com

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.