Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worriedwife

Phoenix Area?

Does anyone know of a good GI doctor in the Phoenix area? We live in soutwest Arizona, and we had a very disappointing visi with the local GI. Since it is the only one in town, we have to look elsewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know of a good GI doctor in the Phoenix area? We live in soutwest Arizona, and we had a very disappointing visi with the local GI. Since it is the only one in town, we have to look elsewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you from yuma or somewhere else? I used to live in Lake Havasu and go back there every once in a while!!

We live in Yuma. We relocated here last September from Pennsylvania.

We have been to Lake Havasu a couple of times, and think it's a nice town. They make really great margaritas at the Javalina Cantina.

So, are there any good GI doctors in Lake Havasu?

We live in Yuma. We relocated here last September from Pennsylvania.

We have been to Lake Havasu a couple of times, and think it's a nice town. They make really great margaritas at the Javalina Cantina.

So, are there any good GI doctors in Lake Havasu?

I really don't know. Didn't live there real long, I kept getting sick and missed work to much. My niece in law has celiac disease and she lives in lake havasu but she goes to Scripps hospital in San Diego. Witch is only a few hours from you. Dr's name is Alexander R Shikhman 10666 N. Torry Pines R La Jolla Ca 858-554-8600 Located at Scripps Green Hospital She was real sick her parents took her there and he knew right off the bat what it was. She says he is very good

Hope this helps,

Barb

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...
    I disagree with this statement.   Mental conditions are not "already there" in people with Celiac Disease.  Celiac Disease causes malabsorption which results in malnutrition.  Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause changes in ...