This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trying A New Way Of Vitamins

melrobsings

melrobsings Contributor

A friend of mine told me about this company that makes a vitamin type thing in a shake base that you take 2 times a day. He told me how much better he feels and how it has really improved his life (IE: no more head aches or fatigue and sleeps better). His friend then told me that she has depression and fibro milga (i know i spelled that wrong, sorry!) and it has REALLY improved her symptoms. Neither of these people have celiac.

I suffer from fatigue, depression and celiac (DUH!) and they think it might help me feel better. So I'm going to try it for 3 weeks. If it works I'm passing on the info! But I just wanted to give yall a heads up and I'll post on here if i feel any changes.

Has anyone else tried something similar to this? I REALLY hope it works, i'll try anything at this point!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFhopeful Rookie

please do pass on the info if you find this supplement helpful. i am on a bunch of vitamins now have a hard time swallowing pills so would love to drink a shake instead, or in addition, to a vitamin regamin. at this point (around 6 weeks in) i will try anything (as long as it's gluten-free) to get feeling closer to normal!!

melrobsings Contributor

here is a short summary of the past few days:

day 1: took it, felt fine, started to feel like i was gunna barf but thought it was cause i didn't eat much and was just hungry.

day 2: took it in the morning and barfed my brains out for a few hours.

day 3: took it and could bearly get it down, felt sick after

day 4: took it and i'm trying everything in my power not to barf.

I'm done, it didn't work.

Does anyone have a good vitamin that helps with fatigue?!

grey Explorer

I have fatigue as a major symptom. The best thing for me has been my every-other-day B12 injections (I give them to myself); I was dx'd w/ b12 def. long before celiac and may have PA too.

I've been taking Garden of Life Living Multi women's formula. I don't know yet if it really helps w/ fatigue, but it's the first vitamin I've been able to take w/o severe pain, d, reflux, or vomiting. It's a 'whole food' vitamin, meaning that the vitamins come from food (not chemicals) and have been made "body-ready" w/ probiotics and enzymes. It also spreads the dose - you take two 3x a day ... this allows more to be absorbed by your body and it to be less shocking to the system. Big downside - expensive.

I also use a juicer (my favorite is kale-carrot-apple w/ parsley) to up vitamin, etc intake in easily digestible form; juicer takes out the fiber.

I'm looking forward to hearing what vitamins others take - it's such a difficult process!

GFhopeful Rookie

i have a juicer and have been making juices and that supposedly is the best way to get vitamins back into your system. and some are pretty tasty.

melrobsings Contributor

thanks guys i'll try it. I told my friend who got me the vitamins and he called the company. They said that they are going to try me on something different to see if we can get something that works. Call me crazy but I'm going to try it, i'll try anything at this point! I'll keep you posted.

Archived