Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigger18

Adding Back Soy

Hi Everyone!

I was dx'ed with celiac 1 year ago and gave up milk and soy in addition to gluten. Soy gave me a similar reaction as gluten would, however on a much smaller scale. I still have moderate amounts of soy (soy lection etc.) but I am now ready to try adding soy back into my diet.

What is the best way to "test" my body to see how it reacts to soy? I vaguely remember someone saying you need to consume 4 times the amount you ordinarily would in one sitting (as in 4 cups of soy milk) but that seems extreme.

Thank you in advance for any ideas/suggestions!

-Dana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

According to my doctor, whether you consume a small amount or a large amount, if your body doesn't like it it will respond. You have to be very aware of what's normal for you and keep notes. It could take up to 3 days to have a reaction. One poster has said it took 10 for him.

The following is a paper given to me from my doctor after I went through ELISA testing.

Food Allergies

Food allergies are a problem created by a disordered immune system. Normally, the immune system, or body

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana