Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara123

Dog Food

Can anyone tell me if there is a dog food that you can buy at walmart that is gluten-free? My house is gluten-free except the dog's food. I have DH real bad. Need to find dog food that I can tolerate, as my dog is real affectionate and a beagle and must lick. Thanks again

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know of any off hand... but in the interim you can totally feed your dog rice and boiled/steamed chicken. It can get pricey, but if you are in a pinch it works.

(Its what we would feed dogs with D at the animal shelter.)

I too am owned by a Beagle! I also have a Lab. I feed them Nutro. the Natural Chicken and Rice and the Lamb and Rice are supposed to be gluten free. I say supposed to cuz this was a couple months ago and I don't want to pass on wrong info. I have fed my boys Nutro for 3 years now and they have beautiful coats and are very healthy. I did a lot of research on dog foods before starting it and for the money it is a good food. There are better ones, but the cost is higher. Their website is http://www.nutroproducts.com I have emailed them questions before and they are good w/ responses.

Jody

I too am owned by a Beagle! I also have a Lab. I feed them Nutro. the Natural Chicken and Rice and the Lamb and Rice are supposed to be gluten free. I say supposed to cuz this was a couple months ago and I don't want to pass on wrong info. I have fed my boys Nutro for 3 years now and they have beautiful coats and are very healthy. I did a lot of research on dog foods before starting it and for the money it is a good food. There are better ones, but the cost is higher. Their website is http://www.nutroproducts.com I have emailed them questions before and they are good w/ responses.

Jody

Thank you Jody. I ordered some and hopefully they will eat it. Thanks again

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...
    I disagree with this statement.   Mental conditions are not "already there" in people with Celiac Disease.  Celiac Disease causes malabsorption which results in malnutrition.  Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause changes in ...