Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara123

Dog Food

Can anyone tell me if there is a dog food that you can buy at walmart that is gluten-free? My house is gluten-free except the dog's food. I have DH real bad. Need to find dog food that I can tolerate, as my dog is real affectionate and a beagle and must lick. Thanks again

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know of any off hand... but in the interim you can totally feed your dog rice and boiled/steamed chicken. It can get pricey, but if you are in a pinch it works.

(Its what we would feed dogs with D at the animal shelter.)

I too am owned by a Beagle! I also have a Lab. I feed them Nutro. the Natural Chicken and Rice and the Lamb and Rice are supposed to be gluten free. I say supposed to cuz this was a couple months ago and I don't want to pass on wrong info. I have fed my boys Nutro for 3 years now and they have beautiful coats and are very healthy. I did a lot of research on dog foods before starting it and for the money it is a good food. There are better ones, but the cost is higher. Their website is http://www.nutroproducts.com I have emailed them questions before and they are good w/ responses.

Jody

I too am owned by a Beagle! I also have a Lab. I feed them Nutro. the Natural Chicken and Rice and the Lamb and Rice are supposed to be gluten free. I say supposed to cuz this was a couple months ago and I don't want to pass on wrong info. I have fed my boys Nutro for 3 years now and they have beautiful coats and are very healthy. I did a lot of research on dog foods before starting it and for the money it is a good food. There are better ones, but the cost is higher. Their website is http://www.nutroproducts.com I have emailed them questions before and they are good w/ responses.

Jody

Thank you Jody. I ordered some and hopefully they will eat it. Thanks again